Recognizing Full-Time Tenure-Track Faculty Members Who Excel in Two or More of the Areas of Teaching, Research, and Service
Candidates may be any full-time faculty members at UCCS. Candidates must excel in two or more of the following areas:
- Teaching, including commitment to working with students outside the classroom
- Research, scholarly, or creative work
- Service to the University and/or the community
- Anyone may nominate the candidate; self-nominations are accepted.
- Supporting materials must include:
- A table of contents.
- A letter of nomination.
- A narrative (double-spaced, 1000-word maximum), written by the candidate, focusing on the two areas of excellence.
- The nominee's curriculum vitae.
- A maximum of five letters of recommendation. (These can be solicited from students, faculty, or administrators, and should demonstrate a knowledge of the nominee's qualifications for the award.)
- If teaching is one of the areas of emphasis, Faculty Course Questionnaire results (both quantitative and qualitative) for all courses taught during the last five semesters.
- Other information that would be helpful to the committee in making its decision.
- Anyone nominated in the previous year is automatically reconsidered for the next year. The nominee may choose to update materials, but this is not required. Such reconsiderations are limited to one award cycle, after which new materials must be submitted.
- Materials should be assembled as a single PDF file and emailed to David Anderson. (See also Tips for Preparing Award Nominations)
Friday, February 24, 2023
The winner of the Chancellor's Award will receive a custom-made freestanding sculptured award, a medallion, and $3,000 (less taxes). The award will be presented at the Campus Awards Ceremony.
Funding for the Chancellor's Award is provided by the Chancellor.
Questions? Contact: David Anderson